Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome to 2013!

With a new year upon us, we have time to reflect back on what we did right and wrong in 2012. I would like to do just that here with my Top 3 Rights and Wrongs From 2012 list. Enjoy!

Top 3 Right
3. I decided it was a good idea to pick up Minnesota Vikings kicker Blair Walsh in my fantasy football league. Ended up that the pro bowler helped with me winning my division. Great year for the rookie and I was the smart one who actually told people to pick him up in their leagues. (Refer to article below.)

2. Going to my first ever NFL game, albeit a Minnesota Vikings game, was another one of my rights. Not a hard choice by any means, but it was a good idea to go view the season opener between the Vikings and the Jacksonville Jaguars.

1. Being picked to be the new producer of the "Mike McFeely Show" on KFGO. It has been nothing but fun since I started back in March and I've loved every minute of it. Even my bosses, Joel Heitkamp and Mike, are easy enough to get along with. Although you need to make sure and pat them on their backs every once and a while so they don't break their arms.

Top 3 Wrong
3. I made the comment that losing Colten Heagle from the NDSU Bison football team was a bigger deal than losing Marcus Williams. Defensive Player of the Year in the Missouri Valley Football Conference and another shot at the national title later and I look like an idiot.

2. Deciding to wear a bright yellow shirt to work one day and having our news directory, Paul Jurgens, give me grief about it for 12 hours. That was just a really bad choice on my part.

1. My picks for not only the NFL but MLB as well. Both didn't go as well as planned and I am ashamed. I am smarter sports mind. At least I like to think so.

There you have it. Again, keep checking this blog as time goes on, especially as I make my way down to Frisco, Texas for the national championship game.


No comments:

Post a Comment