Friday, January 4, 2013

Ramblings... (01/04/13)

This is a post I'm going to comment on several different topics instead of using several posts to discuss each individual topics. I'll try & to put up a Ramblings lost at least once a week.

FRISCO
As I travel in a car with two others on our way to the FCS National Championship, I started to think about what would Frisco look like.

In my mind, it looks like a sprawling metropolis in the middle of a desert. Great buildings rising up on the horizon. Food of any kind, as much as I can eat. Great arenas where sports are played & champions are crowned. Where the booze flows...

Okay, maybe not flowing but you get the point. I'm expecting something unreal to appear. Not sure why that thought is stuck in my head. We will see how disappointed I am in a couple hours.

UND
NDSU AD Gene Taylor made mention of the fact he doesn't believe Western Carolina will honor their contract & play the NDSU football team come September 21 of next season.

That leaves them with an open on the schedule to fill. Guess who else has an open that date? The University of North Dakota. I'm not concerned about the odds of this happening.

What I'm wondering is if the discussion even happens between both Athletic Directors. It should & it should become a home & home series. See the amount of fans that show up for that one.

It would probably be the most fans at the Alerus Center in YEARS & the most UND fans to actually come to Fargo instead of just passing through on their way to the Twin Cities.

NDSU MEN'S BASKETBALL
Big win for the men last night with a 92-66 win in Vermillion, S.D. over the University of South Dakota. Reason?

A road conference victory was hard to come by last year. Of their 9 road losses last year, 5 of them were in conference.

With a big win last Saturday against Summit League favorite South Dakota State University at home, they need to prove they can sustain their success throughout the season.

If they win Saturday night against Kansas City, it will complete the road weekend sweep and up their record to 13-3 overall, 4-0 in the Summit League.

THE TRIP
As promised, here is an update from I-35 South. Obviously, not driving right now. Tries to upload video to web but computer died just prior to doing it. So, Pinto's Preview will be later tonight.

Gas prices extremely consistent through trip & so are the MPG with the car. I'm excited to get to Norman, Oklahoma. Also, the snow has stopped & grass has finally appeared.

Check my Twitter, @pintoKFGO, for a pictures of our stop in Norman.

No comments:

Post a Comment